- Refs will only work if you give them CASH **BEFORE** the exhibition game starts.
- Teams requesting referees for exhibition games can do so by completing the online form on the D9RA web site : www.d9ra.ca
- Confirmation of booking will include fees for the Refs.
- As per the Hockey Canada sanctioning guidelines manual :
- Gambling, Lotteries (50/50, Raffle Tickets, Hockey Pools) : Prizing cannot involve alcohol.
- Refer to the Hockey Canada event sanctioning manual for events covered. Special event insurance may be required.
- Familiarize yourself with the rules set out by the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) www.agco.on.ca where raffles are involved.
- An application to 'Manage and Conduct a Raffle Lottery' will likely be required. This form is found on the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) website.
- Municipal permits may be required from the Russell Township depending on the nature of your fundraiser.
Novice - Game Sheet Procedure for:
- The game sheet is to be filled out with the usual information - Game #, Teams, Roster etc.
- Both coaches and referee to sign.
- Score will always have 0-0 at the top of the game sheet.
- Home team will enter and upload the game sheet in to TTM. Score will always be entered as 0-0.
- If there is a major penalty this will be entered in to TTM as we have always done in the past.
House League Home Teams are responsible for posting League Game scores/penalties and uploading a scanned or picture copy of game sheet through the GHA TTM web site within 24 hours of the end of your game. They must be legible to avoid team infractions.
- The game sheet upload is done through the GHA TTM web site by clicking on Team Login.
- Please also leave a copy of your home game sheets in the RMHA Mail room at arena.
- Rep B Home teams are responsible for Posting League Game scores/penalties and sending a copy of the game sheet to the Ottawa B League by following the process at this site : Ottawa B League - Reporting Game Scores and Penalties.
Team Roster Labels:
- Attached is a Game Sheet -Team Roster Label Template you may use for your team. Four labels will be needed for each game. Use Avery 5163 / 8163 or equivalent labels (these are 4" x 2" labels, 10 per sheet).
- Remember to identify your affiliates used with an AP and scratch out names of players/bench staff who were absent.
- Please also identify those who played as a goalie with a G.
House League and Rep B Team Official Access to the GHA TTM system:
- If you do not know your team's TTM Password, you can get it by clicking 'Don't know my password'. Instructions will be sent to the Coach/Manager email addresses listed in the Coach/Manager Listing page here for your team. These are the email addresses you would use to set up your password. Go to the GHA TTM web site by clicking on Team Login.
- House League and Rep B teams are responsible for reporting major infractions (any penalty over 2 minutes) in the TTM site immediately following the game with an upload of the game sheet (legible picture or scan). The TTM system will send an email to the team officials identifying if there are suspensions to be served or hearings to be held as a result of the infraction. When game suspensions are served, teams are also responsible for reporting those games served on the game sheet and in TTM. When a player/coach serves a game suspension, on the game sheet a single line is put through the name in the team list and in the Suspension List section, the name of the player/coach is added with game 1 of 1, 1 of 3 etc as the games are served. This process applies when away at a tournament as well in case there are tournament games to be served. League and tournament games count for games served but an exhibition game does not.
- These documents provide you with the process involved when you need to switch or reschedule a game as a result of tournament bookings:
- Tips for Game Switches and Reschedules / Procedures for Schedule Changes.
- Game Re-Scheduling Form
- Game Switch Form
- House League teams may request to CANCEL (and then have it re-scheduled to a new time) ONE game per season. The team making the request is responsible WITH A MINIMUM OF 7 DAYS NOTICE to:
(1) notify the other team - who may use the original game time for a practice,
(2) submit a GHA Game Switch form to their GHA Convenor, and
(3) provide an ice time for the newly rescheduled game time.
NOTE: The cancelling team is giving away any rights to sell or trade the original ice time to the other team.
- If you have any questions, please contact the RMHA GHA Convenor.
- ALL game reschedules must be DONE by 10th January.
- If you think you might need Extra Insurance for a Team Event, please click on the link and ask - HEO/BFL. (They are usually very fast in getting back to you.)
- Throughout the season a team/league may be asked to demonstrate proof of their insurance coverage to rent a facility or participate in an event. The certificate is issued by the Insurance Company to the party making the request. This is usually a facility, municipality, school board or shopping mall.
- What the certificate offers is proof that the group using their facility is covered by a policy in the event of an injury or another incident. Please remember not all events are covered. We encourage teams to contact their MHA’s so they are aware of the event or the need for a certificate of insurance.
- The online link to submit requesting a certificate of insurance is as follows :
- Other information regarding what events are covered can be found on the HEO Forms Site here :
- Russell Arena Game Clock Instructions
- Please send the link "How to Fill Out The Game Sheet" to your game sheet parents.
- The HOME TEAM is to supply a TIMEKEEPER and the VISITING TEAM is to supply a SCOREKEEPER both being 16 years or older. (Except Juvenile who have refs in for timekeeper and score sheet.)
- The TIMEKEEPER should NEVER post a goal on the game clock which shows an advantage of more than 5 goals. See GHA Rule 26.4o as the score keeper must continue to record all goals on the official game sheet, regardless of any lopsided scores,
- If there is a 7 GOAL DIFFERENTIAL any time after the 2nd period, then the clock becomes RUNNING TIME and doesn't not revert back to stop time if the differential is decreased. See GHA Rule 26.4c. Also be aware of the duration of penalties to be served during running time, GHA Rule 26.4d.
- Here is a copy of the MPCW-7 Instruction Manual for reference. It has more information than what you will need.
- No scores are to be kept or posted for Novice games.
- Novice games will run with two 23 minute run-time periods.
- The buzzer should be used for 90 second signal of player changes.
- GHA Social Media Policy (GHA Rules Appendix F).
- Photos, using phones or cameras, should NOT be taken in the dressing rooms. Please ask your team to put them away while in the dressing room.
- When setting up a Team Bank Account at Scotiabank Russell, contact the bank ahead of time to get things ready so both team signing authorities can go the bank and sign at once. The account will not be active until everyone signs. The branch is open until 5pm Monday-Wednesday, 6pm on Thursday and Friday and 9:30am-4pm on Saturday. The following will be required:
- Name of the account ( ie: Bantam B Warriors )
- Names and titles of the two team signing authorities.
- Occupation of each
- Date of Birth of each
- Address of each
- Two pieces of ID from each
- A witness to sign that is not a signor will be required.
- Signing authorities on team bank accounts are not to be immediate family members (i.e. husband, wife, partner, brother, sister, etc).
- The bank may ask for a letter from the association. Send an email to the RMHA President with the Team Name and Co-Signers Names in the following RMHA Team Bank Account Letter and it will be returned once signed.
- Prior to attending a tournament outside of the Hockey Eastern Ontario boundaries, a Team Travel Permit from the HEO Minor web site must be submitted to the RMHA President. The Team Travel Permit requires both RMHA and GHA approval. Through the GHA myTTM website, also register the tournament you are attending. If attending a tournament in the US, the USA_Can Travel Permit is also required from the HEO Minor web site and needs to be sent to the RMHA President. Teams traveling outside of Canada should investigate options for additional insurance. Please include the tournament sanction number on the Travel Permit. On the USA_Can form, use 1606 as our association number. Allow at least two weeks for signatures and approvals.
- If you are not sure whether an association is within HEO boundaries you can check the HEO Minor District/Association List.
- If attending a tournament outside of the HEO boundaries, it is important to find out if they have mandatory mouth guard rule in place. Many players on your teams this year may not have mouth guards.
- Within 24 hours of your return from that tournament, you are required to upload your tournament game sheets on the GHA website. Any major penalties or infractions are to be reported as soon as possible after the game so that timely notification of potential game suspension occurs.
- Please send an email to the RMHA Registrar if you need an Official team roster for your tournament. A roster including player addresses can also be requested if needed for your travel permit.
- You must ensure the tournament is sanctioned. There should be a sanctioned number on the Tournaments Registration page. See HEO Minor's Entering Tournaments page for more guidance.
- For House League, the RMHA supports a maximum of 1 away (outside of HEO) and 2 home (within HEO) tournaments per season. Upon majority vote of the team, this number may vary and is to be reviewed by RMHA board. Be sure to submit any game switch or reschedule requests early.
Some tournament search sites:
GTHL (requires travel permit)
OMHA (requires travel permit)
Hockey Quebec (requires travel permit)
NOHA (requires travel permit)
USA Hockey (requires standard and USA_Can travel permits)