2023-24 Try out - Registration details
Updated - June 30, 2023
The Castor River Canucks are a Rep B group, considered Tier 3 competitive hockey which is one step above house league and one step before AA (Gloucester Rangers). The Canucks teams are comprised of players from Metcalfe & District Hockey Association (MDHA), Russell Minor Hockey Association (RMHA) and Leitrim Minor Hockey Association (LMHA) and hosted as follows. The association for tryout registration at each level is also provided. You must also be registered for the regular season at your home association prior to tryouts.
- U10 (MDHA/RMHA)- hosted by MDHA, tryout registration through MDHA
- U11 (MDHA/RMHA)- hosted by RMHA, tryout registration through MDHA
- U12 (MDHA/RMHA)- hosted by MDHA, tryout registration through MDHA
- U13 (MDHA/RMHA)- hosted by RMHA, tryout registration through MDHA
- U14 (MDHA/RMHA)- hosted by MDHA, tryout registration through MDHA
- U15 (MDHA/MHA/LMHA)- hosted by LMHA, tryout registration through LMHA
- U16 (MDHA/MHA/LMHA)- hosted by MDHA, tryout registration through MDHA
- U18 (MDHA/RMHA)- hosted by MDHA, tryout registration through MDHA
Rep B hockey requires more commitment than house league as you can expect to be doing hockey related activities 4-5 days per week. Commitment to attend the majority of activities is implied and expected once the player is selected to play on the team. Each Coach will have slightly different activities and expectations but all are committed volunteers who expect your players to put their best effort forward for the team and require a time commitment from parents too.
The Castor River Canucks are part of the Ottawa B Minor Hockey League which includes teams from Renfrew to Rockland and in between, travel to a game can be expected during the week as well as the weekends. There are 30 regular season games, practice 1-2 times per week, up to 5 tournaments with 3 possibly being away and playoffs that would bring you into March.
Check out the other Rep B tabs for tryout information, tryout process, registration and Coach Bios for the upcoming season.
Although Rep B is more of a time commitment than house league hockey, it is also very enjoyable and fulfilling for its participants and families. If you have any questions about the program or commitment please contact Julia Tuff, VP of Competitive at firstname.lastname@example.org.