Are you NEW TO HOCKEY or have questions about equipment and proper fitting? See the following HEO Minor Links!
Practice Schedules will be updated on the Ice Schedule tabs as they are available.
Gloucester Hockey Association (GHA) League Game Schedules are also posted on the GHA Web Site Schedule Page.
HEO was informed by the Ministry of Tourism and Sport on June 18, 2019 that the Rowan's Law Act and Regulations must be implemented by July 1, 2019. We have been working with the Ontario Hockey Federation and Hockey Northwestern Ontario on standardizing the implementation documents and processes. Therefore, after July 1, 2019 every Player, Team Official and On-Ice Official (and a parent of an athlete if the athlete is under 18) must review in order to register/participate the HEO Concussion Code of Conduct (draft format as being reviewed by HEO and our other Ontario partners) and the appropriate Concussion Awareness Resources.
IT IS MANDATORY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN THE HOCKEY SEASON THAT ALL PLAYERS, COACHES AND ALL TEAM STAFF COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AS A PLAYER, COACH AND TEAM STAFF MEMBER
STEP 1 (Material Review): Please read the information provided at the links below that pertains to the age of the player (and for bench staff, the age of the team where you are volunteering).
In accordance with Rowan’s Law, HEO Participants are required to confirm that they have reviewed the Concussion Awareness Resources at this website www.Ontario.ca/concussions before that participant can register/participate in a sport.
HEO Concussion Code of Conduct
Rowan's Law - Ages 10 and Under
Rowan's Law - Ages 11 to 14
Rowan's Law - Ages 15 and Up
STEP 2 (Acknowledgement Form): Once you have reviewed the above material, print the Acknowledgement form for each applicable member. Scan or take a picture of the signed form (first page) and email with the Player or Bench Staff name(s) in the subject line.
Complete and return to: email@example.com
HEO Rowan's Law Acknowledgment Form_pdf
** In addition to emailing the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, please bring a hard copy of your form(s) to your Rep tryouts, Conditioning Camp and House League Evaluation sessions in case verification is requested **
- Effective as of the 2015/2016 season onward, at least ONE PARENT or guardian of participants at the U7 and U9 divisions, any new players (at all levels) and players new to Hockey Eastern Ontario MUST TAKE the on-line “Respect in Sport Parent Program” *** This is a REQUIREMENT for your player's participation.
- Please complete this course BEFORE your player's first ice time.
- The course is available online at the following link : https://heoparent.respectgroupinc.com/ .
- Your player's Hockey Canada Registration ID and DOB should match the one in your hockey registration.
- If Russell MHA is your home association then be sure that RUSSELL MHA is listed as your association.
- If you had previously taken the Respect in Sport Leader program as a bench staff requirement, a parent/guardian still needs to take the Parent program as it is different. When you have competed the course, it will show up against the player’s profile in the Hockey Canada Registry / eHockey.
Respect in Sport for Parents is now available for download in the App Store for Apple iOS and on Google Play for Android.
- How to initialize the Apple iOS Mobile App from the App Store: https://youtu.be/nLvT2x70LKQ
- How to initialize the Android Mobile App from Google Play: https://youtu.be/fTnnH8nZbro
Russell Minor Hockey Association is committed to providing assistance to families who may be experiencing financial hardship that prevents them from registering their minor hockey players in our program. To support all local kids who want to play hockey, we would like to provide the following links to well-established programs that are available to you. Most of these programs process your application within 60 days, well in advance of when registration will close but you should look into these very early.
For further details on how you can apply for financial assistance please follow these links:
HOCKEY EASTERN ONTARIO
Lace'em Up Foundation
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
KidSport Ontario Chapter
Gill Read Memorial Foundation
Equipment For Kids
The HYUNDAI HOCKEY HELPERS
Interested in helping out as a Team Manager, Head Coach, Assistant Coach or Trainer? See one of the following links for more information:
The RMHA is run entirely by volunteers. If you are thinking about volunteering as a member of the RMHA Board, please email the RMHA Exec Secretary - email@example.com.
You can check out RMHA's Executive page for available positions and a list of those volunteering their time as a board member.